- Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6-8pm
- Opening Reception for Chris Coleman and Laleh Mehran's "Transitional Fragments"
The collaborative team of Chris Coleman and Laleh Mehran are two of the most engaged and celebrated artists within Denver’s new media landscape, their individual and collaborative efforts having taken center stage at some of the state’s most prestigious institutions. Their latest collaborative body of work “Transitional Fragments” will be on view at Plus Gallery from March 13th through April 19th, providing a multi-layered perspective on the ways we view the world through the use of maps. It is the first of back-to-back exhibitions hosted by the gallery that highlight the talent inherent in Denver’s new media sphere, showcasing work that is truly on the leading-edge in both art and design. Plus Gallery will host an opening reception for the exhibition and artists on Thursday, March 13th from 6-8pm. The reception is free and open to the public.
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - Doors open at 7pm
- Experimental Music night Featuring Tatsuya Nakatani, Janet Feder and Conrad Kehn
- Plus Gallery is pleased to host a trio of performers on March 19th in support of Tatsuya Nakatani's current national tour. Nakatani, a creative artist originally from Osaka, Japan, last performed in Denver a few years back at Object + Though, delivering one of the most thrilling, intimate performances ever. He has released over sixty recordings in the USA and Europe and has performed countless solo percussion concerts through intensive touring. He has also collaborated with hundreds of other artists internationally and presented masterclasses, workshops and lectures across the USA and around the world. He will be joined at Plus Gallery by two supreme local talents Janet Feder, and Conrad Kehn (of the Playground Chamber Ensemble).
- Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 4pm
- Artist Talk with Chris Coleman and Laleh Mehran
Laleh Mehran and Chris Coleman will discuss their latest collaborative works on view at Plus Gallery in the exhibition "Transitional Fragment" on Saturday March 29th beginning at 4pm. Coleman and Mehran’s careers are distinguished through their unique collaborations together as well as with others. The pair have been collaborating on works together since 2001, connecting the corporeal with the digital and beyond. Their extraordinary interactive installation “W3FI” was originally hosted at the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art in 2011 before moving on to other institutional settings throughout the U.S. and the world. Both artists involvement in the immersive art/dining experience “Monkeytown 4” being held in Denver for the first time this month, will present their works in motion-based art to an even wider public in an outstanding new context. Come hear what they have to say about their unique, outstanding and diverse careers.